Like totally OMG!!!
So like... I went to the store the other day with my bestie, Tiana, and like I really, really needed toothpaste badly, like totally. So once I'm like already next to the clerk I just like totally remembered that I'm out of toothpaste. I was like super, super mad that I had to get out of the line because it was just so long, like ugh. I'm just so furious that I just picked a random toothpaste and Tiana gives me her look. " Do you even know what's inside that you're holding?" I rolled my eyes responding no asking her she even questioned, but now I'm curious.
So like the next day I did like a lot of research, and I know it's legit because I used Google, and everything on the internet is like totally true! I found three ingredients that got me the most curious: Hydrated Silica, Glycerin, and Cellulose Gum.
So I like looked into these three things and like OMG there was like a lot, a lot of info and my head was like hurting super, super bad. So I looked at:
- What they're all made up of
- What they do to the body
- Why they're use
- Chemical name
- Chemical formula
- Chemical/Physical properties.
(1) Hydrated Silica : SiO2
3 (2) Glycerin (Glycerol) : C3H8O
(3) Cellulose Gum (Carboxymethyl Cellulose ) : C8H16O8
So like yeah... That like totally what goes inside your mouth, OMG.
Sources:
- http://www.colgatetotal.com/health-benefits/toothpaste-ingredients
- http://www.sbioinformatics.com/design_thesis/Glycerol/Glycerol_-2520Properties&uses.pdf
- http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/whats-in-toothpaste
- http://www.ebay.com/gds/The-5-Harmful-Ingredients-in-Toothpaste-READ-THIS-/10000000003239604/g.html

Your topic was a good idea since it is essential for everyone to brush their teeth. Whoever uses Colgate now has some background information.
ReplyDeleteWhoa, I learned so much from your blog. I will know what to watch out in the future when I choose for a tooth paste, do you have any suggestions?
ReplyDeleteCan the hydrated silica harm anything else besides the teeth and gums?
ReplyDeleteWow, now I'll be careful every time I buy toothpaste.
ReplyDelete